What Is Healing Touch?
- Healing Touch is an energy therapy in which practitioners consciously use their hands in a heart-centered and intentional way to support and facilitate physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
- Healing Touch is a biofield (magnetic field around the body) therapy that is an energy-based approach to health and healing.
- Healing Touch uses the gift of touch to influence the human energy system, specifically the energy field that surrounds the body, and the energy centers that control the flow from the energy field to the physical body.
- These non-invasive techniques employ the hands to clear, energize, and balance the human and environmental energy fields, thus affecting physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. It is based on a heart-centered, caring relationship in which the practitioner and client come together energetically to facilitate the client’s health and healing.
- The goal of Healing Touch is to restore balance and harmonies in the energy system, placing the client in a position to self heal.
What is Healing Touch Program (HTP)?
- HTP is an educational program dedicated to offering classes in the energetic therapy modality of Healing Touch (HT) as well as providing support for Healing Touch students, practitioners and instructors. The HTP curriculum and teaching materials enhance the students learning experience and ensure a consistent, informed and complete education in Healing Touch.
- HTP is endorsed by American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) and the Canadian Holistic Nurses Association (CHNA). HTP is also approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education provider under Category A (provider number 150588-00).
- HTP is an accredited provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). ANCC is the world’s largest and most prestigious nurse credentialing organization, and a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA). HTP is the first Energy Medicine education provider to achieve this status.